Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Nada Debs: A Citizen of the World Designer


Though we often review the works of many famous designers and architects, rarely do we have the chance to take the time and learn about the rest of their work, their design philosophy, or even where they attended school.With this assignment, I took advantage of the opportunity to learn from established designers and use their experiences and inspirations to influence my own. Nada Debs is a Lebanese designer that grew up in Japan and uses both cultural influences when she creates her unique furniture pieces. Her integration of Islamic geometric patterns and East Asian minimalism are incredibly elaborate and beautiful. The direct application of her heritage to her work is what attracted me to her and I must say that I have a much deeper appreciation for Islamic art after looking through her collections.