Monday, April 30, 2012

Sophomore ID Student Presentations

I recently had the opportunity to attend a few presentation  put together by second year Interior Design students. The project was to find the optimal remodel solutions for a train depot located by downtown Pullman, with their client being an artist of their choice. As with all design projects, they began with an inspiration piece and then followed that with parti drawings. A single parti drawing was then chosen and created the basis for their design of the depot. The design has to also accommodate any visually or physically impaired user that might enter the space to visit the gallery, residence, etc.
I found the presentations very interesting and was appreciative of the opportunity to see what kind of projects that I will be working on next year. By attending, I was also able to gather more information about the considerations that must be made for any handi-capable person. The process included in making space designs was another important factor for me, because it expands on my own ideas of how design should be approached and helps me to better consider other facets of my designs that I might not have thought of before. Overall, the experience provided helpful tips for my projects next year and I truly enjoyed seeing the talented work of the second year students.